Almost a year ago, Marisa Lauren Troy and I started a new series on The Crohn’s Colitis Effect YouTube channel called The Realities of IBD. One of the videos Marisa created was Traveling with IBD and an Ostomy. Since technically we are in Spring, heading into the Summer, I thought it might be a good idea to revisit this topic. Traveling can be difficult for people who are completely healthy, so you can imagine how much more difficult it can be when you have IBD and an Ostomy.
While the video was created almost a year ago, it’s as relevant today as when it was first recorded. Marisa talks about the following in this video:
- Food – What foods works best for her while she’s on the go.
- Hotel – Having a refrigerator and other amenities in the room
- Fatigue – Always on the go and how to deal with that
- Packing – With weight fluctuations making sure you have the right clothes with you
- Eating – With an ostomy, finding the right time to eat and what to eat so as to not interrupt the things you have to do.
- Body Image and Appearance – Learning to accept and love who you are when you getting ready to meet a bunch of people ( new friends and old friends )
Editors Note: You can find Marisa Lauren Troy: